The Curaçao National Anti-Doping Organization (C-NADO) was established in 2016 by Mr. Ruthsel Martina, the then vice-president of the Curaçao Sports and Olympic Federation (FDOK), with support of FDOK and the local government. In that same year, C-NADO became member of the Caribbean Regional Anti-Doping Organization (RADO), which is based in Barbados.
C-NADO’s main objective is:
To ensure that sport federations member of the FDOK adopt and implement rules, policies, and programs which conform to the code and the “Promote Prohibit list”.
- To cooperate with other relevant Anti-Doping Organizations.
- To encourage reciprocal testing between Anti-Doping Organizations.
- To promote Anti-Doping education.
C-NADO’s key responsibilities are:
- Doping Control- Testing and Training
- Education and Advocacy
- Programs Implementation
C-NADO’s roles are:
- To assist the FDOK, and national sport federations, in becoming compliant with the World Anti-Doping Code.
- To conduct In-and-Out-of-Competition Testing.
- To implement Education Programs regarding consequences of the use of prohibited substances in sport.
VISION: To have a unified sports community committed to clean sports
MISSION: To lead, promote and coordinate clean sports in Curaçao
VALUES: Dedication, professionalism, unity
Mr. Ruthsel G. Martina, Chairman, Doping Control Officer.
Mr. Edsel Cominencia, treasurer, Doping Control Officer
Mr. Ellis F. Davelaar, lawyer.
Mr. Ramfis R Fillet, medical doctor.
Mr. Mark A. P. E. Curiel, Doping Control Officer